Life School | Back to School 2020
Welcome to the Life School information page for parents for the 2020-2021 school year.
Choosing Face-to-face or Remote Learning
Life School will offer face-to-face and remote options for attendance during the 2020-2021 school year. Per TEA, you are permitted to choose which option is the best fit for your child.
Face-to-face learning begins on September 14. If you would like to change your child's learning option, click here for your registrar’s contact information. There is no need to email the campus registrar if you do not want to change your student’s learning option. Requests to change the learning option must be received by noon on August 31.
Terms to Know
- Not happening in a LIVE digital setting (Instruction and materials are provided in advance and assignments are given with timeframe for completion.)
- Happening in a LIVE digital setting (Instruction, discussion, and/or assessments or assignments are conducted in a “real-time” virtual environment.)
Learning Platform / Learning Management System (LMS)
- Digital medium by which students can access instruction and assignments and through which they may submit their work (such as Google Classroom, FlipGrid, Canvas, etc.)
The following guidance documents will help you know what to expect for 2020-2021.
- On-campus vs. Remote Summary Sheet (English / Español)
- Elementary Guidance
- Secondary Guidance
- Special Education Guidance
Expectations / Processes for Remote Instruction
These guidelines will help answer questions about grading, attendance, and more.
Plan for Face-to-face Instruction
Read the Life School plan for face-to-face instruction.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following will answer questions you may have.